The heart chakra, is the bridge between the lower chakras (associated with materiality) and the upper chakras (associated with spirituality).
As the name suggests, this chakra can influence our ability to give and receive love — from others and ourselves.
On the body it is located in the centre of the chest, just above the heart
If your Heart Chakra is blocked, you may experience these symptoms:
- tender chest or chest tightness
- shallow breathing
- sleep apnoea
- inability to trust
- emotionally defensive
- commitment issues in relationships
- emotionally ‘cold’ or unstable (such as crying a lot)
- lack of compassion
- fear of being emotionally hurt
- self loathing or judgement
- always putting others first (which can be symbolic of both a kind heart and self-love avoidance)
- feeling generally imbalanced
- feeling emotionally disconnected.
Here are four easy tips to balancing your Heart Chakra:
- Posture - Do you walk around with a hunched back, unconsciously closing your heart? Begin to become aware of your posture while sitting, standing, and walking. Straighten the spine, engage the core, open the front of your chest, and drop your shoulders. Check in frequently to make sure you don't lose it, and notice if you feel somewhat vulnerable in certain scenarios.
- Write yourself a love letter - Spend some time writing to yourself. Tell yourself all the things you love about yourself. Write as if you are writing to the love of your life. Eventually, that is who you will become.
- Volunteer - Being of service is an opportunity to give unconditionally. Choose an activity that allows you to interact with others who may be suffering in ways that you are not. Being of service is a way to generate compassion and experience how your own compassion for others affects your sense of well-being.
- Eat healthy green foods like spinach or kiwi fruit
- Wear green clothes
- Decorate your home with green leafy plants
- Aromatherapy - Rose, Jasmin or Ylang Ylang
- Chakra-Balancing Meditation
- Aloud or in your head, say the following: 'I ask that the highest vibration of love and light connect with my highest self to clear all unwanted energy and any previous programming. I command this crystal to hold the intention of balancing my heart chakra.'
- Lie comfortably on your back, and lay the crystal over your chakra for 11 minutes.
- While it's on your body, see the colour pink or green filling up all the space near your heart with healing, balanced light.
Colour Association: Green or Pink
The best crystals for the Heart Chakra:
Rose Quartz | Green Aventurine | Moss Agate | Pink Kunzite | Rhodonite | Pink Chalcedony | Pink Tourmaline | Green Jade | Moldavite | Peridot | Lepidolite | Ruby | Chrysocolla | Amazonite | Rhodocrosite | Pink Opal | Mangano Calcite